In a non-stop city like New York , showing your date a great time in The Big Apple presents an endless array of options. There is live entertainment, restaurants and bars on almost every corner, but don’t forget to check out New York’s romantic side…
- Top of our list is the iconic Central Park, which offers everything from scenic walks to restaurants, ice skating, summer concerts and plays host to the Central Park Zoo. Central Park is a romance wonderland! It is one of the marvels of New York town and one of its most famous and loved assets.
- Horse-drawn carriage ride. This is one of New York’s greatest traditions – and possibly its most romantic. The carriage rides happen in and around Central Park – and many carriage companies have their eye on romance, providing dates with flowers and champagne (it will, of course, cost you extra).
- Take in a performance at one of the many Broadway or off-Broadway theaters. A fine first date idea, it provides fuel for conversation as you take a romantic stroll through the streets of New York after the play or musical.
- A place of history and pure fun, Coney Island has a special place in the heart of New Yorkers. At one time the largest amusement area in America, there’s still plenty to see on Coney Island, such as the New York Aquarium – America’s oldest continually operating aquarium – and the famous Wonder Wheel, a Ferris wheel that’s part of Deno’s Wonder Wheel Amusement Park, and has been turning since 1920.
- One of America’s most famous museums, Metropolitan Museum of Art houses a staggering two million works of art. If you’re a Museum Member, admission is free, as you probably already know; otherwise The Met suggests you a contribution.
- A wonderful and very romantic winter pastime, you can enjoy one of the two rinks at Central Park (open from November through to March); or try the Rockefeller Center’s rink instead (October through to April).
- It’s romantic, and best of all it’s free. The legendary Staten Island Ferry lets you take iconic New York sights like the Statue Of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge. It can be a chilly ride, so cuddle up!
- This is about as romantic as it gets – Liberty Helicopters will take you and your date on a private, 15-minute magical ride in the sky. They’ll even leave you with a complimentary bottle of champagne and a digital photo for you to remember your experience.
- Proceed to Midtown and to the observation deck of the Empire State Building offering spectacular views of the city and the incredible skyline of New York City. But don’t stop there, head further into town to Lower Manhattan and South street Seaport for the wonderful sights of the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Is there anything more romantic than a twightlight cruise? The World Yacht dinner cruise sets off from Pier 81 for a 3 hour trip of captivation and you will be thoroughly spoilt by some of New York’s best chefs and DJ’s as you and your date take in the ever-changing panorama of spectacular views sailing under the world famous Brooklyn Bridge, then past the Statue of Liberty.
Coming up with dating ideas in New York is the easy part, finding someone special to spoil isn’t always as easy. New Yorkers are very technologically savvy and are often prefer to look online for love, so if you’re in New York and looking for love, dating sites , are the quickest, and quite frankly, the most convenient way to find love and romance – And besides everyone’s doing it! New York has been recently recognized as having more singles dating online than any other American city.